Makes 12 servings
We’re a big fan of charcuterie spreads. We love charcuterie boards because they look amazing on any table, work for any type of gathering, and there’s something delicious for everyone to enjoy! Guests nosh on them upon arrival, and they double as a tasty edible centerpiece that can be nibbled on all night long. An impressive (and delicious) charcuterie board includes a vast selection of good quality meats, cheeses, crackers, nuts, olives, and of course- charcuterie spreads! Skip the grocery shelves and cook up two flavor-packed spreads for your board.
Our Onion Fig Jam and Mustard Relish charcuterie spreads are easy to make and compliment any charcuterie board. Bonus- these tangy spreads are also vegan, giving a plant-based option to guests who require one.
Onion Fig Jam
1. In a medium skillet, heat Wesson Canola Oil over medium heat; sauté onions, figs and brown sugar for 10 minutes stirring often.
2. Add water, vinegars, and salt; sauté for 20 minutes or until figs and onions are softened. Remove half of the mixture and pulse in food processor until smooth; return to skillet and combine with chunky mixture.
3. Place in jar or airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. In a medium bowl, combine cucumber and salt. Let sit 15 minutes. Strain out excess liquid; press cucumber in a clean kitchen towel to remove any remaining liquid. Return to bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cucumber, vinegar, sugar, mustard and celery seeds and turmeric. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until onions and cucumber are softened. Allow to cool.
3. Blend half the mixture in food processor until smooth; return mixture to skillet and combine with chunky mixture.
4. Place in jar or airtight container and refrigerate.